• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

AC Clutch Air Gap

for keeping saftey in mind, this sensor / switch in this pic is your high pressure compressor cut off. if pressures get way too high, it will turn the compressor off to keep from damaging the system or blowing a hose. you don't want to mess with this one or replace it with something else like I did on mine. you can test it to make sure that is the compressor cut off by doing the same as mentioned above with the jumper wire. key on engine off, disconnect the plug. iirc just disconnecting it will turn the compressor off, but if not, use the jumper wire on the harness connector. only the clutch with disengage / engage.

a re-post of your compressor cut off sensor / switch
IMG_6614.jpeg

I agree with Will here, get you ac up and working (cooling) like it should before adding or modifying anything. check static pressures for your charge level, then run it with the gauges making sure the low and high pressures are good. it might help to post both the static pressure and out door temp, also the running pressures and vent temps both at idle and with the high idle turned on. then we can go from there.

Oh yeah. The AC system is functioning wonderfully.
I been driving the truck 48 miles to work, get .66 a mile round trip, and it has been quite warm by the time I get off.
The AC sure is a nice option to get to use.
I did set the air gap at 0.20 inch, between the clutch and the cover.
There is no nut on this style of a compressor so the cover has to be pulled onto the shaft.

Back