• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

ABS ?

if its something as simple as a bad speed sensor i'd just R&R that part. but if the computer is bad i believe you can pull the 60 amp ABS fuse and disconnect the wires to the computer and you'll have regular brakes, just no ABS. i can't remember who did that to their truck as the light was probably annoying.

Last edited:
I had bad sensors that I replaced once and when they went bad again in less than 1 year I pulled the fuse and put a piece of electrical tape over the light. :)

ABS is over rated as fas as I'm concerned.

Dave

:yikes:):h thats one way to do it. that probably how mine will end up when/if it dies out.

Check your dash for a bulb...your ABS may not be working and you just don't realize it. :ihih:

dieseldad97, I like the pictures you post of your kids......

Nice huh? kids....I'm not THAT old! You should see them pics in full size!!

To check it, jump pin A and H, you can see the ABS light blinking like SES light to get the code. That way you can determine which sensor is bad. I had one of my sensor went bad and replace them, actually, I have to pay a mechanic to do it but I know which one first so I could buy the parts and just pay for his time. For the 4x4, you need to take out the hub so it is not that trivial to do.

A and H in the ALDL connector?

Attachments

• ALDL connector.JPG
    ALDL connector.JPG
    7.6 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Thanks guys. As long as it will not hurt anything or be unsafe then I am not going to worry about it.

I think safer w/out abs... i had rear brake lines blow, and when abs tried to do something for front brakes in rain storm the pedal pushed back and makes truck lunge forward dangerously... could barely stop doing 1 mph making 3 point turns....

I've felt better all together since my ABS Light came on :)

dieseldad97, I like the pictures you post of your kids......

DieselDad's 'kids' are:

"Lacey and Katie, 21, are twin sisters who are the best of friends. They adore their mom and love traveling to beautiful beaches."

I adore their mom, too. God bless you, ma'am... you've done your country a real service.

I think safer w/out abs... i had rear brake lines blow, and when abs tried to do something for front brakes in rain storm the pedal pushed back and makes truck lunge forward dangerously... could barely stop doing 1 mph making 3 point turns....

I've felt better all together since my ABS Light came on :)

It's always situational... trying to stop on icy Northern Alberta courderoy roads (washboards) after a freezing rain episode (something that happens all too often in Grande Prairie) WITHOUT ABS is a dangerous game.

I wish there was some way you could turn the darn stuff off and on like the passenger airbag.

I wish there was some way you could turn the darn stuff off and on like the passenger airbag.

im' sure there could be a way. tap in a heavy duty relay after the fuse and have a switch in the cab perhaps? c'mon now get creative. :sifone:

It's always situational... trying to stop on icy Northern Alberta courderoy roads (washboards) after a freezing rain episode (something that happens all too often in Grande Prairie) WITHOUT ABS is a dangerous game.

Petersens 4 Wheel & Off Road (or maybe Four Wheeler)...idk. did just that on a Nissan Truck, had a switch to turn it off while wheeling, and back on for pavement.

Back