• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

A Double Whammy

BudTX

Edjumacated Redneck
Reaction score
I was in my hometown this past weekend to celebrate my parents' 50th anniversary with family and friends.

My wife and I had left my parents' house at about 10:30 p.m. on Saturday night, and headed across town to the hotel where we were staying.

I decided to go down the main drag just for kicks, and to see how much the weekend nights had changed since I was in high school.

I had just made the turn onto this street when I heard a performance exhaust that was not mine. A newer Mustang GT with a hood scoop and aftermarket exhaust was coming up behind me, driven by a younger guy who seemed to enjoy showing off his hot car. I slowed and pulled along his left side and blipped the throttle, and he hit his go pedal a few times in response. We both got caught behind other cars at a stop light, and I tapped my accelerator again while at the light, with him doing the same. I laughingly told my wife that the guy had no idea what he was messing with. She just rolled her eyes at me, knowing what was about to occur.

At the next light we ended up first at the red light, and side by side. I knew that the speed limit was going to go from 30 to 45 after the light, so I left the truck in 2 wheel drive and did not hold the brake for a boosted launch so as not to get too stupid speed-wise. I hit the throttle when the light changed, and left the Mustang in a big black cloud, chirping the tires at the launch and again at the 1-2 shift. When I hit 45, I let off the throttle, barking the turbo a few times. I saw him coming through the smoke cloud to catch up after I let off, and told my wife to watch the flyby. He blew past us, and just as he did I saw blue and red flashing lights in my mirror as a cop behind us lit the Mustang up and pulled him over. My wife told me that the kid getting pulled over was all my fault, but I was dying laughing anyway. It was pretty funny.

I wonder if he told the cop that it was the old guy in the truck's fault. I probably came pretty close to getting a ticket myself had the kid not blown past me.

ROFL! Nicely done, Sir!

"You got to know when to hold up, know when to fold up..."

Wisdom of age vs Youthful exuberance... no contest!

on edit: Oh, and congrats to your parents - these days, that's quite a milestone!!

You sir are not setting a very good example to our younger generation. ):h

Priceless!

I find it hard to let off when I reach the speed limit, but I tend to do it...your story is the 2nd one I have seen which ended up in one person being pulled over.

I just love thinking about these kids who think their car is fast getting their ass handed to them by a big diesel truck. Thats even better than getting beaten by a sleeper car.

Back