• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

98 C3500 Chassis leaning to right

GM Guy

Manual Trans. 2WD Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dad's 98 is leaning to the right an inch or two. would new rear leaves fix this? i would think that on an IFS truck, the rear springs keep it level, and the front just articulates over uneven ground.

Besides GM, where do i get springs? (stock, no way we are lifting!)

Just looking for input, thanks!

Hey before you go and buy new spring just check one thing frist, The front spring perch where the spring bolt to the frame make sure the hole where the bolt goes through isn't wallered out, those bolts tend to work lose, and then wobble around in the hole then with heavy pullying or bad rodes the wear the bolt in the hole makeing the hole bigger. Mne has doen it before just somethin to check first. As for springs I would go to a junk yard first, LMC truck might also have springs cheap. I would say if anything that hole is just been worn on, or you broke a spring in the pack I have also done that.

Make the Fat girl sit in the middle...

If you get serious about springs, talk to a spring shop about getting them recurved. It usually doesn't cost much (if anything) to get somebody to look it over and give you numbers. I took my 5er to a spring shop to get the new ones tuned... it was cheap and made a huge difference.

JIFaire I live in the toolies, but i will try to find a spring shop. as far as replacement i wonder if 3500pu springs would be the same as 3500 Chassis springs?

If cheap, i feel the spring shop is the way to go

bigblock88 LMC offers springs, but none for 1-ton, just 2500HD(8600GVW) and down.:(

Thanks for the Replys!

Back