• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

6.5L '97 to '00 Air box assembly?

SnowDrift

Ultra Conservative. ULTRA!
Reaction score
I bought a later model air box assembly from a member a number of years ago and it has been sitting in the box since then. It was supposed to be an upgrade for increased air flow, from the '92-'96 design with the flat filter. I'm not going to use it and I don't know what I gave for it. I think $50 plus shipping should cover it. If upgrading, you will need the fender bracket. I know where there are still several of those. No filter.

There's a code for it or something, which I've forgotten, but someone will know it, so you can do a search for the application.

Let me know if interested

How many of those brackets can you get ahold of?

As far as the airbox, I only have a half dozen on hand but I dont plan to quit buying 6.5Ls, so the more the merrier. :) I'll stand back in case a new member wants it for theirs, but if you dont sell it I'll probably be interested.

I told the guy that I bought My truck from about Your air box. he Definetely wants to get the K47 unit but just can not afford it at this time.
He said that when the time comes that he will be doing work on His two 6.5 units that he will get registered in here.

GM has some left, but they're discontinued and pricey. I would suggest making one if fab work is in your wheelhouse.

I'm not even 100% sure it is necessary as tight as everything sits in there, but I would probably install one if it was mine.

I bought a later model air box assembly from a member a number of years ago and it has been sitting in the box since then. It was supposed to be an upgrade for increased air flow, from the '92-'96 design with the flat filter. I'm not going to use it and I don't know what I gave for it. I think $50 plus shipping should cover it. If upgrading, you will need the fender bracket. I know where there are still several of those. No filter.

There's a code for it or something, which I've forgotten, but someone will know it, so you can do a search for the application.

Let me know if interested

I am interested. I have PayPal.

Back