• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

96 GMC w/ Cummins 6bt

Burning oil

LeroyDiesel.com
Vendor
Reaction score
Just showing off alittle. This is one of my 96's. I put a Cummins 6BT engine and kept the 4L80E. I am tring to get motivated to do the other 96. It will be much easier as it is 2wd.

248.jpg

250.jpg
Before paint. 10 lug semi Frieghtliner wheels
242.jpg

247.jpg

Thanks, I did take off the Big wheels and put some stockers back on it. I am going to try an sell this one this spring/summer.
262.jpg

Very nice conversion! I like the stock wheels myself, looks more rugged :thumbsup:

Very nice conversion! I like the stock wheels myself, looks more rugged :thumbsup:

I like the looks of it both ways. Amazing how much they change the atitude of the truck.
Very Nice!

Nothin' like hearing a 12V rattlin' away under the hood.

They just sound SOOO nice!

This one is straight piped and is loud. The next one will have mufflers and will be tamed down abit, but you will definatly still know theres a Cummins in there.

Yeah, straight pipe is a bit loud on the 12V's and the 24V's.

It's not too bad on the CR's. The 3rd injection cycle really quiets it down.

The CR's sound great if you leave the cat and delete the muffler.

I think the aftermarket wheels look sweet over the stock but that impo. Also the truck looks clean from what I can tell.:thumbsup:

I think the aftermarket wheels look sweet over the stock but that impo. Also the truck looks clean from what I can tell.:thumbsup:

Its very clean, but needs a good interior detail. Hows yours holding up?

Nice conversion!

Did you have to do a body lift to get it all under the hood?

You have to love the sound of a cummins! ):h

Hey, No lift in the truck. I wanted to do whatever it took to NOT have lift in it. I did have to modify the oil pan and lower the front diff.

I am on the hunt for a cheap 12V motor for my old 88 454 1 ton. I beleive while the old 2wd is under the knife it may end up with a a Danna 60 under the front.

Very nice job man

Very nice swap! You went with the VE pump i see too. Did you use a PTO cable or the solenoid for fuel shutoff?

Mine was electric shut off. 12 volts to IP = on. 12 volts off shuts her down.

FWIW I have another 5.9 w/inline IP and Cummins to chevy adapter I am tring to sell. Look in the classifieds here.

Back