• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

95 Chevy Crewcab Headliner questions

dbrannon79

I'm getting there!
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a question on pulling the headliner down in my Chevy crewcab truck to get some insulation and or some sound deadener up in there. I figure I'd have to pull all the seats out to get that monster down, but I have also been thinking about what would happen if I were to split it in half where the center door pillars are at and seam it like it's done in suburbans? I know I need to re-do the material on it, but I'm still undecided on what type of material I want. I've also seen other vehicles where they cleaned all the padding off, applied a thin layer of fiberglass for rigidity and painted it. those that I've seen like that didn't look bad at all! plus it's easy cleaning too.

anyway, my main concern is how to get it down and out without breaking it on my own (plus it's age and very fragile). I'm really leaning towards the idea of splitting and seaming with some sort of trim piece! I also have an area in the rear center of the cab where there is a dent and water stands on top of the cab. someone must have sat on the roof! I need to push it back up from the inside to fix it.

any helpful ideas for one man job?

I do not know a thing about the headliner removal.
I was thinking that they might be glued into position.
If You get Your headliner removed, let me know if it is a solid steel drop ceiling front to back. I have an over head rifle rack I would like to install onto the ceiling of My truck and I do not want to go through the frustration of drilling through the outer roof. 😳😹
Besides, I feel this thread needed a bump to the top.

The headliner is just a thin cardboard like fiber board held in by the outer trim around the ceiling. I’ve watched YouTube videos how to pull them, it looks like a PIA the bigger they are! I’ve heard that some burbs and Tahoes you ether have to pull the windshield to get it out of the cab or through the back doors! There should be some steel supports across the cab above the liner on the larger cab trucks that you might be able to drill into and attach weight.
Once I get more info and more courage To attempt pulling it. I’ll take some photos so we’ll know what’s up there lol

Back