• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

94 Silverado 2wd Cummins project

James silverado

Reaction score
I’m building a 1994 Silverado crew cab 2 wheel drive 6.5 installing a 1989 Cummins ve 727 trans with a duramax rad and intercooler. I’m having a hard time getting info and parts for engine and trans mounts, and want to use Gm a/c and alternator, I’d appreciate any info and help.

Hello James, welcome to the forum.
I do know that there are kits available to install Cummins into tje GMT400 series. I dont remember the brand name of them though.
Someone I am sure will jump in with the information.

Here is a nice thread to check out.

Diesel conversions fall under the prying eyes of the EPA "know epa requirements if any for your project"as it has generally become a NO NO these days, so don't become that epa sh__ magnent everyone talks about in the near future.
Some tid bits, using a three speed trans would require a very tall ring and pinion, the 47RH w/OD &TCC lockup is a much better choice.
The 5.9 Cummins peak torque is about 1.5k rpm while the 6.5 GM diesel peak torque is around 2.1k rpm.
Try 4BT dot com as the Cummins conversion is the hot topic there but in older vehicles.
Do not expect a conversion to be cheap unless you have the skillset required to fabricate as needed, otherwise searching the web will be a better bet than most diesel sites...

Back