• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

93 GMC Cab and Chassis, Designation "Da Boss"

Even better. We have everything from the building materials, to fixtures, furniture, flooring, etc. I won't throw any more in your thread, but shoot me a PM if you wanna know more.

Run synthetic oil only with the QSV unless you do UOA to make sure you aren't torching the limits of conventional. Conventional oil has limits and will let you know it $quick$ when you step over the line. The QSV holds more heat in the engine and in some uses like *ahem* mine is hotter than conventional oil can handle. Last conventional from the QSV burb had viscosity step up nearly 2 grades and other indications of oil overheating failure. Synthetic did not have that issue. As always replace the oil cooler hoses with something that can take the heat and synthetic oil as the GM lines simply won't.

Yes, I can and have seriously ruined engine oil. Yes, I do UOA for a reason... Even with the '93 Owner's Manual short 2,500 mile severe duty oil change interval you can ruin the oil!

Just found this build thread Tanner. Sounds like your on the right track and have a great start.

By the way, did you answer my last pm about your address?

Good luck with the project, can't wait to hear more.

Well I'm getting my truck put together. For now I am going to run an old stock turbo spec 6.2 pump I got for $200.

Working on what I will need for the bd valve install. Have some missing parts in the used kit, might just run the ATT as is until I get it all sorted out. (Don't want to permanently loose ac)

I have to get it running by the 15th and be out of my current house. The rush sucks but it's lighting a fire under me.

Back