• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

6.5 Diesel Injector Rebuild

My injectors tested out at around 2000 psi. give or take a bit. If I'm going to 18:1 compression pistons and planning to put in the injectors to run for the next 100,000 miles (I'm not planning to test different pressures - I don't have the time or patience), should I have them bumped up to 2300? 2800?

@Rockabillyrat tested for me and will be doing the work.

My injectors tested out at around 2000 psi. give or take a bit. If I'm going to 18:1 compression pistons and planning to put in the injectors to run for the next 100,000 miles (I'm not planning to test different pressures - I don't have the time or patience), should I have them bumped up to 2300? 2800?

@Rockabillyrat tested for me and will be doing the work.

It depends on what injecton pump you plan to run. Your injectors at 2000psi are fine for stock or even a tuned DS4/turned up DB2 (4911). If you are planning to run a built DB2 or a DS4831-6033 (beast pump) then i would step up the pop pressure a little.

Back