• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

6.5/6.2 injector quality. Where would you get them?

6.5/6.2 injector quality. Where would you get them?

• Total voters

CtChevy427

Still Kicking....
Staff member
Lead Moderator
Reaction score

This weeks contribution by WarWagon.....

Rebuild your own
local shop
mail order
dealer
NOS
Chinese knock offs
India
Germany
used
painted to look new
Other (explain) (added)

This is a multiple choice poll for those that have more than one truck.

Always looking for poll ideas post them HERE......

If buying new, I would go with a vendor I trust... might be local, but I doubt it, as the local guy quoted me $87 each last time. :ack: Heath, Kennedy, USDieselparts, Oregon Fuel Injection are the guys I have used and/or trust. I don't know if Leroy (Burning Oil) can get injectors, or if Henry (Creatures of the Night) can? I trust them, too.

If mail-order (new), I would be very careful and specific about what I wanted. Brand names? Bosch, ACDelco, Delphi

I don't see a big problem with new Bosch (India) as they have to pass Bosch quality control. Imported doesn't necessarily mean bad, if QC and tooling is up to speed... you need to trust the company that is providing specs and QC, and I trust Bosch.

I would be careful with who I let rebuild them also, for the same reasons. They would need to use quality parts and be picky about their tolerances. Used to be a guy on here that I would have recommended for that, but he left.

In another thread, Pruittx2 recommended a shop near him, obviously trusts the guy. If anybody else knows of people they trust for this, make a recommendation - it would be nice to get somebody onboard that we could all monitor.

I wouldn't trust anything from ebay ... it is just too hard to tell if the guy you buy from is legit, and for the little you save, injectors aren't where I would take the chance.

Injector quality is critical above any other part you can get for a 6.5/6.2. Do not go cheap.

Had my first set of 6.5 injectors installed. Shop found a low price for them beating the dealer wholesale price. They were junk. The carbon build up around one of the nozzles was severe and unknown why. I had them supposedly retested after the engine blew - told they were fine. But the carbon buildup nozzle was gone or cleaned.

6 months after the test, 1 year since new, 30K total miles I had to replace them. They were sticking open and causing extreme hard starting. Starters were being ruined and other ruined parts from troubleshooting had me pull the engine due to a foreign object from an IP swap. IP was good and last step before injectors.

Local shop has zero advantage over mail order. I had zero luck getting a leaking body injector fixed at a local shop. The local rebuilds do run very well.

I wish I had a clue, for what injectors cost i could buy a 454 long block.... (sorry im a little grumpy with my 6.5s latly)

the bosch indias i have are great so far. i can definetly tell a little better mileage than the old ones, better cold starting, and less overall smoke. i only have 15k miles so we will see how long they last. I plan to get my stock 140k mile bosch germany injectors rebuilt at a local shop with good parts and different nozzles for when i go with a different turbo/tune or the injs i have now start to wear.

Back