• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

6.2 for $50

davo727

Reaction score
Picked this up today off craigslist , out of a military K30. Too bad they removed it from the truck with an excavator, broke vaccuum pump, mashed oil pan, bent fan. PS pump is there and OK, rest of acc are gone and no IP.

But anyway Im going to use one of the bent IP lines and make a pressure pop injector tester. Will take the injectors and rebuild them with new nozzles for my 85. Will tear the eng down and see whats cracked or not. Maybe use for a future project or spare for my 85.

Its a 14022660 block #, on the right rear block it says 174 where I thought it should have a date code that starts with a letter? So I dont know whats up with that. Maybe its a 1984, most of the Mil trucks coming out are mid 80s.

I pull onto this guys street and he has two 2 1/2 ton military 6x6 trucks in his front yard :D

Edited correct block#

Attachments

• parts62.jpg
    parts62.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Well I got it torn down and the block cleaned and -

No main web cracks!!!! Yay! And the crank looked brand new, rod and main journals standard size. Bores were also standard, couple had some pitting due to outside storage and some water got in the engine so it will need to go .020 or .030 over. A lot of the military trucks have really low miles and it looks like this engine is from one of them. If it werent for the pitting from water I could have cleaned this up and ran it.

Attachments

• 62block.jpg
    62block.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 26
That's a nice find! And even better that you found no cracks. That is something I would love to do. Pick up a 6.2 or 6.5 and build a truck up like you have. You have some really cool project trucks.

Back