• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

6.2 engine stops after starting

Tommäk

Reaction score
Hey from Düsseldorf in Germany !!!!!

My name is thomas an i drive a 1985 M1009 with an 6.2 diesel engine. I try to write english as good its possible. sorry, when i make mistakes.

I have the following problem with my engine. when i want to start the cold engine after glowing the engine starts very good but after 4-6 seconds the engine breaks together and stop running. then i try it again and after 10 - 15 sec the engine starts again and runs great.

the problem is only when the engine is cold. i think i have air in the system so that the injection pump have enough diesel for starting and than it comes air and the engine breaks together.

have everyone of you a solution? thanks for helping

and greatings in the U.S.

Thomas

The mechanical lift pumps on those have been known to leak air into the systemand still pump fuel just fine. Use some clear tubing to see if there are any air bubbles.

Hey,so i am back again. i spend a lot of ours in the engine of the cucv ;-)

and i think / hope i solve the problem. on the drivers side of the injection pump is this fast idle solenoid (is it correct?) . so, i have deducted the 12 V cable and its crazy..... i have no more problems to start the engine....

sorry for my english and greatings from germany

Tom

Hey,

i could be that this solenoid doesn`t become 12 V. but i ask myself , why is this solenoid responsible for my problem?????

the solenoid only has power when the engine is cold. it's control by a temperature switch in the passenger side head.

just so we're on the same page, it starts without it but not with it?

Back