• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

550 ford regens

jb23

Recruit
Reaction score
We have 12 or so of theys 550 4x4 diesel with twins with stainless 10 boxes. The problem we are having is working for a large city is they need to be driven 20 mins at 30 MPH to get a full Regen that's dam near impossible with all the lites in town . Have read owners manuel no manuel regens at idle. Doe's ford make it's own version of a tech 2 like GM has to do a Manuel Regen, or is there a way to turn on regens. Not talking about tuners or programmers to turn off regens city wont do that. Any ford guys come across this have any ideas

yes ford guy here. The only other option you would have since they don't get driven enough to regen is to to have the city take them in for manual regen. Unless the truck is driven there is no way for it to regen. other option is to shut it off and delete the DPF

Another option maybe to see if the dealer will put the Idle regen flash back in it or if it can be added in on the latest flash.

Last edited:
When it goes into regen try to find a spot to let her idle, it'll ramp up the idle and as long as you don't hit the brake pedal, she'll complete her regen in about 15 mins or so.... maybe longer if it hasn't been able to complete at least one full regen. :thumbsup:

either way park on concrete or dirt for the idle regen. ashphalt will soften and shift, grass and leaves will burn up. this goes for any truck with a regen mode - ford,dodge,chevy,mack,pete or other

I have noticed that my job 3 truck will never regen at idle, seems to only do it when I am driving which is a good thing for me as I hate to go off and leave it running.

i don't understand why the big 3 can't put a manual regen mode on our trucks.....our new international trucks at work have a switch to activate regen when parked....

Back