• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

506 build up arp head studs, .010 thicker gasket, main girdle........ Pre cup questio

we are curious as well to see what these navi cast blocks are going to yield for us brand-new-used guys...LOL and as for the 10 mm bolts on the early 506 blocks, its a joke and a poor attempt by GM to try to appease people by giving them something different.....
the main caps were not even changed from 12mm to 10 mm and they just used inserts in the blocks.... imagine all the main caps floppin around all loose with 10 mm bolts in 12mm holes...
its no wonder the 506 cast blocks are all full of cracks....

The p400 isn't a navistar block.

Different beast.

i thought the cracks in the main webs where fixed by using 10mm main studs vers the 12mm leaving more meat on the block

They did fix the problem, Bigger main caps and beefer main webs, but the biggest difference is the different metalurgy,they have a higher nickel,chromium content to eliminate brittleness in both the block and heads.

The failure rate is less than 1% on them. If you buy one new, it comes with a 7 year 70,000 mile warranty. How could you make money if you were constantly honoring warranties.

You won't have any problems unless you over boost it.

Look on egay and there's a place in NC. selling them for 6 grand.

I called them and talked to a guy named Jamie and got all the details on the GEP.

I just figured I would get it from Teds because they don't fail and with such low miles and a great price, why spend 6 g's when you can get one broken in for 2 g's.

Back