• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

4l80e. No drive and no reverse 1st-3rd works

Why would 1st -3rd work but Drive and Reverse revs up, ive got a 0

• ?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Sharpee

Ride wide open......
Reaction score
OK I have a 2003 lifted silverado 2500hd crew cab 6.0 vortec, 4L80e trans that has always shifted pretty hard if I don't let up into 2nd gear. So I have mostly always left off the gas just in time for the shift. the rest of the gears seemed to be smooth. Just recently ive had my truck pop out of gear but re-engage right away. I wasnt sure why it happened but it did it again but engaged back on its own again. (im a learn as my stuff needs repairs kinda girl, between my heavy research ability, google and youtube, weve done amazing for self taught)that said last night it popped out of gear again just before a stop it removed up when I went to take off so I put down in to 3rd and drove home.the only other dealings I've had with tranny was on my tahoe that went into limp mode and becuz myself and no one else could figure out why the random misfire i had and fix it it finally went into limp mode and never got it out. I dropped the pan changed the fluid the filters the solenoids the sensors and all the things of course in the engine nothing worked so now this truck I installed a new radiator not too long ago and have discovered that there was not an oring in either the oil cooler or trans cooler where u plug it in to radiator so I found a slow leak but never have had a problem so I made sure the trans had fluid i added more and ran it thru the gears one by one it acts like it wasts to engage on D and R but it won't it just revs but I can put it in either of the 1st- 3rd gears and runs just fine what could this be

Sounds very similar to what my 1994 4L80E (behind a 6.5TD) did when, while it was in "Limp" mode from a bad ECM and thus running at maximum line pressure because of that, it blew out the face of the Reverse Apply Piston and lost R, OD & 3.

OK I have a 2003 lifted silverado 2500hd crew cab 6.0 vortec, 4L80e trans that has always shifted pretty hard if I don't let up into 2nd gear. So I have mostly always left off the gas just in time for the shift. the rest of the gears seemed to be smooth. Just recently ive had my truck pop out of gear but re-engage right away. I wasnt sure why it happened but it did it again but engaged back on its own again. (im a learn as my stuff needs repairs kinda girl, between my heavy research ability, google and youtube, weve done amazing for self taught)that said last night it popped out of gear again just before a stop it removed up when I went to take off so I put down in to 3rd and drove home.the only other dealings I've had with tranny was on my tahoe that went into limp mode and becuz myself and no one else could figure out why the random misfire i had and fix it it finally went into limp mode and never got it out. I dropped the pan changed the fluid the filters the solenoids the sensors and all the things of course in the engine nothing worked so now this truck I installed a new radiator not too long ago and have discovered that there was not an oring in either the oil cooler or trans cooler where u plug it in to radiator so I found a slow leak but never have had a problem so I made sure the trans had fluid i added more and ran it thru the gears one by one it acts like it wasts to engage on D and R but it won't it just revs but I can put it in either of the 1st- 3rd gears and runs just fine what could this be
Did you figure it out. I'm having same problem

Back