• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

4L80E interchange,2000 into 2002?

I went searching online to see if there was a way to check the fluid levels without the dipstick, to say know where the level should be at from the hole where the tube inserts and couldn't find anything!

I didn't think about it till now, but one thing you can do since it's a van body is pull the dog house where you can access the brackets that hold the dipstick tube in place, loosen them so you can actually pull the tube out of the trans and just have it hang aside the trans. put the stick in place and look to see how far it sticks out. if it goes further than the depth of the pan or if about the pan bottom area.

on vans I know the tubes are long and curvy, I recall some of them just being stubborn to get the stick in all the way and sit right due to all the curves and bends in the tube. But this would confirm if it's the stick too long or just the tube bends and whatnot.

Back