• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

4L60E

NASIMMONS

Reaction score
Recently I thought to have blown my transmission 1st gear or reverse would only work for 30 second then I would have no power. I now have power in 1st and in 2nd but when it goes to shift in to 3rd it is like the transmission is in neutral. I was wondering if it could be the 3/4 solenoid or the pcm. Anything helps it’s a 1994 c2500 5.7 btw. Thanks!

Check all the grounds, I believe on those there may be some transmission grounds attached to one of the bell housing bolts too, or possibly two of those bolts.
Remove the fasteners holding those grounds down and physically bend the wires right at the terminals, make sure the strands are not broke within the insulation. Also there is a couple, three or four grounding wires hooked to the enjun near the thermostat housing. Common for the wire strands to break within the insulation at those locations too. Be sure that you clean those terminals to a bright and shiny condition too.
Please report back after completing those tasks and let is know how it is functioning, or not functioning.

Back