• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

4l60e stuck in 2nd pulls every tranny code

Wondernoob

Reaction score
Hi I have a 03 Silverado with a 4l60e transmission and its stuck in 2nd gear in drive and works good when manually shifted. I checked the e pin on the harness and I'm getting battery voltage on pink wire. We replaced the harness in the pan and the solenoids and I even omed out every wire from the plug all the way to the ecm. The T A B C pins on the plug to the transmission I read are grounds so I ran positive battery on a test lite to those pins and on a couple no ground and on some like 8 volts. I was wondering what grounds I should be looking for to replace or clean up. Any help is much obliged. Thanks!

Welcome to the forum @Wondernoob sounds like you might have a bad ground under the hood. have a look all over the engine compartment for wires bolted to the intake (PCM grounds) and body grounds on the inner fenders and firewall. give each a good inspection and cleaning by removing them and using a wire brush on the terminals and where they bolt to.

list all of your trouble codes, we can help you try and narrow down the issue. Which codes you can ignore and which ones to diagnose first, as fixing the important ones will most of the time take care of the others at the same time.

Welcome to the forum noob.
I know knottt one thing about transmissions so I’ll not do any advising on that.
I do know though that, one of those small wood handle stainless steel wire brushes works mighty fine for cleaning ground terminals and such. Even voltage terminals if the battery negative cable(s) is disconnected.

Oh yeah, also check the grounding connections from the engine to the frame and body grounds anyplace they are located.
Some sanding paper works good for getting grounding connections shined and bright. Then use a very light smear of dielectric grease to prevent any corrosion from building on the terminals and grounding surfaces.

dielectric grease is a must for dis-similar metals in electrical contacts and connections. Possibly why all of our grounds go faulty on these rigs with age. the higher current flow through them, the faster corrosion sets in without protection. the PCM grounds don't get very much current drawn through so it takes 20-30 years for issues to show all the while driving us nuts trying to find it LOL

Back