• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

48RE temps

searstractorfan

Reaction score
what kinda temps should i expect to see to keep my 48RE happy? its mildly built and mildly tuned(smart jr, 34psi boost, bigger tires)...just got a trans temp gauge and getting it install hopeffuly this weekend...before I start towing alot I wanna know what will keep it happy..thanks!

Sears, I would think that somewhere in the neighborhood of 160-165* IMO being that you have a mild tune and larger tires. It's one of the few things that I really don't like about our trucks, the lack of a trans temp gauge in the dash gauge cluster. When I get my triple pod gauges that will be the first thing to go in, a trans temp gauge.

ok thanks! Havent gotten the gauge in yet...its wired up, just waiting to the cut the hot line from the trans to install the sensor...something keeps coming up where we cant take the truck out of service that long...

ok, its the one with the rubber hose peice in it right? I saw the how to done by cumminalong(rich) on their website, I figured it was called the hot line...either way Im gonna open their how to and print the pics, and thats the line I will cut....

ok, its the one with the rubber hose peice in it right? I saw the how to done by cumminalong(rich) on their website, I figured it was called the hot line...either way Im gonna open their how to and print the pics, and thats the line I will cut....
You want the return line from the cooler to the trans. You need to know what the cooled down fluid temps are, not the hot temps directly out of the torque converter. If you really want to be correct and accurate; you will put the sensor in the pan.
If you want to know what's going on in the trans, you need to know what you are working with.

Theirs no hole in the pan..Well other then the home made drain hole the previous did...And I dont wanna dump the fluid...how expensive are the aftermarket pans that have them? cheapest I saw on one place was like $300

Back