• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

48RE Pressure Transducer FAILURE

FellowTraveler

Reaction score
Well, I had another setback as the aftermarket 4th generation high pressure (white cover) 200 PSI transmission pressure transducer was not up to the task and failed, causing 2nd or 3rd gear starts w/no slippage. I attribute this to installing the max number of clutches that fit the case which in of itself raises pressure then a TransGo kit...

The fix so I'm told is going back to the 3rd generation Borg Warner transducer sold by B&D for the 48RE, it comes with a harness to adapt to the newer 4th Generation harness. The change out requires dropping the pan and pressure governor/transducer bracket and R&R the transducer, maybe 20 minutes of actual work.

So, did you do that last Sunday, or waiting for this weekend to do it? Or did you do it after work already this week?

So, did you do that last Sunday, or waiting for this weekend to do it? Or did you do it after work already this week?
Since my spinal surgeries last month, must wait for my son to come over and help as I am still healing. I see the neurosurgeon today...may need a shoulder replaced too.

Back