• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

400+ hp 6.5 for sale

I sent him an E-Mail with a link to this thread. Hopefully he will come join us and discuss this engine better. Hope to see him.

center mount turbo I believe it what peninsualr uses and Bill Heath also filled the lower passages of the block. Sounds for real actually.

I question the $3000 machining because I priced std machining for rebuild and it was only $800+or=. Balance was under $200. How much could the splayed main caps cost to have done because line bore was included in the above prices.

remember that 10 grand 6.5 we were talking about a couple months ago. i think his machining was somewhere around 3 grand

Quality machine and balancing work can run at least $1500+. As far as the block filler goes that stuff would only cost about $100.00 and yes we did us it at Heath and in a few other motors I have seen built. It works great to strengthen the bottom end, you just don't want to go much higher than the freeze plugs. Maybe he means the engine is capable of handling 400+ HP.

Back