• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

4.3 Diesel?????

I think that is just a 6.2 or a na 6.5. They did build a 4.3diesel but its pretty rare and i think they only put them in cars. It would look more like the 350 diesel.

Trying to see if I could see spark plug wires, but can't quite tell. The width of the top of the engine seems too big for a 4.3.

Either they got the wrong vin # or I'd say someone replaced the gas w/ a diesel in the past, and the seller doesn't know what he's talking about......like that never happens :D

Trying to see if I could see spark plug wires, but can't quite tell. The width of the top of the engine seems too big for a 4.3.

Either they got the wrong vin # or I'd say someone replaced the gas w/ a diesel in the past, and the seller doesn't know what he's talking about......like that never happens :D

Hmmm....a seller on Ebay not knowing what he's talking about...... never heard of such a thing!):h

They made the 4.3 v-6 diesel until 1989,but were used in the ft wheel drive Cutlass Ciera ect.Never offered in a truck.They were ok little motors,but not many out there if you need parts ect.By the way,that seller is an idiot.

The ad reads 4.3 TBI then it says diesel HMMMMMMMMMmm

There was never a 4.3 diesel available in trucks as far as I know.
It was an engine for the cutlass as mentioned and was more akin to the old 350 Diesel of the infamous Olds days.

What this likely is, is an ad prepared by someone who has no clue whats what.
Also notice that the ad reads interior color =Gray
The pix show a blue interior.

Probably the engine is so noisy that they think its a diesel? :D

Last edited:
I wonder if these people even bother to read there own ads:rolleyes5:
I've always understood the 4.3 diesel is to the 5.7 diesel as the 4.3 gas is to the 5.7 gas. Meaning the same basic design (bore, stroke, etc.) minus 2 cyl. Could be wrong thou. Friend had a Caddy with a 350 diesel. He got tired of people at the gas station telling him that he was putting the wrong fuel in his car.

The 5.7 wasnt as bad as everyone says.We had farmers that could drive them 200K,some folks couldnt get 50K.The farmers knew that dry,clean diesel was a must for their tractor fleet and usually filled their cars out of the same tank.In the 80s,diesel was bottom of the barrell stuff,far different than todays fuel.I drove a diesel Ciera that the dealership had,it ran ok,but not by todays standards.I drove a early 80s Cutlass 4dr with the 5.7 one weekend,it ran fine also.

Back