• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2008 Impala A/C Filter????

RYDNHI4X4

Halt Halt Or I'll Release My Dog
Reaction score
Has anyone ever heard of having to change the A/C Filter on this type of car and where can it be located?

Might be behind the glove box as many of them are stuffed back there.

Matt and I changed Leslie's Civic and hers was behind the glove box. Open it and push in the sides and it'll fall straight down toward the floor board.

The 1st generation Dmax's had "cabin air filters" as well. It isnt just for a/c but for the vents as a whole. Tom (TheBac) used to be a limited vendor on DP selling those kits to those of us with newer trucks. GM discontinued them after 03 I think for whatever reason.

My car has a cabin air filter. (03 Bonneville, FWIW). Keeps dust, pollen, etc out of the cabin when the windows are closed and the HVAC is on. Works really well, especially in harvest season. If your car has one, be sure to change it, as they can plug up over time and restrict flow. Some of the early 99-00 trucks actually had 2 filters.

Back