• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2006 2500 Chevy Duramax 4x4

billydc_3500

Reaction score
A Duramax caught my eye in the paper today so I got on their website and looked at the pics and it looked really nice... 2006 2500 Chevy Silverado 4x4 Duramax auto, 4-door, leather, interior is loaded looks brand new, one owner 103,204 miles on it price is $23,999.00 is that a good price? I thought it was but i don't know much about them... Let me know what you guys think if it is a good price or not? so I can tell one of my buddies about it... Thanks...

heck, you can always negotiate...lol

that sounds like a fair price for that rig, i paid 38k for my 2005! Before all the goodies!

Beat them up on it. Trucks are not selling real well now, might also try to hammer them for a warranty on it. Happy shopping.

Beat them up on it. Trucks are not selling real well now, might also try to hammer them for a warranty on it. Happy shopping.

I agree. A warranty would be a great thing to get, even if its for 30-50k miles. With it just turning over 100k miles, it's just broke in. I bought mine with 79,xxx miles and I love it. Broke in and running smooth. Being an '06, did it say if it is the LLY or LBZ engine it? If it's the LLY, you could try to get a few more buck taken off of it since it has the same power numbers as an '05. Might not be a big deal to you, but you can make it sound like it is to you and see what they say. I think for 100k '06 Dmax, you should be okay asking somewhere around $20-21k. Good luck and let us know what your buddy decides on.

BTW, Billy, I see what you have in your sig, maybe there's a chance we could save you from your Cummins and get you into a Dmax, huh?:cornut:

Thanks guys for all the input. It did not say if it was a LLY or LBZ, oh and 12ga diesel thanks for asking but I think i'll stick with my Cummins! lol

I just offered my dealer back home 28,000 for 07 LBZ CCSB 4X4 LS 21k miles. I will let you know if i works out, seems like a decent price but I would Negociate for sure truck are just collecting dust on the lots, it's kinda like revgenge for the people in the market after all those years of getting beat up by the dealers now we can beat them back. Even though my dealer back home has taken care of me and made me good deals, but it is gettin harder and harder to find a good dealer.

sounds a but high for the milage. especially with fuel prices. we can't move diesels right now and you might be able to haggle a bit.

...Being an '06, did it say if it is the LLY or LBZ engine it? If it's the LLY, you could try to get a few more buck taken off of it since it has the same power numbers as an '05.

Thanks guys for all the input. It did not say if it was a LLY or LBZ, oh and 12ga diesel thanks for asking but I think i'll stick with my Cummins! lol

If it's on their website, they will very likely be showing the VIN in the vehicle description.

Look for the 10th digit on the VIN.

2 = LLY
D = LBZ

They are mechanically the same engine with the only difference being the ECM calibration, which gives the LBZ 50HP more than the LLY.

sounds a but high for the milage. especially with fuel prices. we can't move diesels right now and you might be able to haggle a bit.

I agree. That's a bit high, especially with over 100K on the clock in the present state of the economy for these trucks.

I would offer 19.5K and get a 50k mi warranty. Try and get all the service records you can. That would be the determining factor for me. You never know how people take care of there trucks. I always run the best oil in mine and change it more than needed. Some people couldn't care less. Look it over real good.

IIRC, a quick way, in '06, to tell if it's an LBZ is if the door badge says "Duramax Diesel" just like '01 thru '05, it's an LLY and if it says "Allison Transmission and Duramax" both, it's an LBZ.
Try doing an NADA or kbb to see what they think it's worth.
I agree it's a bit too high in today's market.

Back