• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2002 TDI in a 2002 S10. TDI to Chevy automatic transmission adapter

Burning oil

LeroyDiesel.com
Vendor
Reaction score
I'm at the end of investing any more time in searching for this adapter. Been looking for many hours. Im about to start fabbing up my own unless you guys know of anyone making them. I shocked that I cannot find this easily.
To confirm I'm going from a TDI to an "AUTOMATIC" Chevy trans.
I am a total noob to the TDI so for the experts, what stall converter should I use? Im going for max fuel milage not max power.

There is no adapters that I'm aware of to go from the tdi to chevy auto. Gas engine convertor should work just fine. So far in my experience working with the tdi higher hp gets better mileage than stock power. Then again when I go for more power I mod the pumps and that helps a lot with power and economy.

I wound up building my own adapter. I also sold the whole truck since then.
I could probably make another adapter but it wouldn't be cheap.

Sold it before I got it running. Engine and trans worked perfectly before. Im sure it would have been really nice. I just have another project that was itching me more so sold the S10.

Back