• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

1996 Engine Main Connector Pinout/Diagram

Scholioso

Reaction score
Hey guys.

So I have a 96 truck. I pulled the motor & sold it. In its place, I'm installing a 12v cummins. Unfortunately, when I sold the motor, I didnt really think about the wiring at the time. I should have traced each line & figured out which wire went where.

Thought about buying a 6.5 engine harness but that's pointless & pretty expensive actually. Could hundred bucks for something I can't actually use.

Anyways, looking for the main pinout or diagram or schematic, whatever. The main big connectors in the very back behind the fuel filter is what I'm looking for. I'd really appreciate it! Thanks!

Not really wanting to do that. I don't 100% need to wire everything in, the cummins will run regardless, but it would be nice to have it all wired properly.
I want to use all my original gauges and will add an a-pillar pod for boost, egt, and tranny temp.

Back