• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

1994 K3500 no start

Electrical even though you tested the batteries... Keep in mind the GM terminals can and I have seen them burn out in the battery. Top posts test fine as this is the easy button for a battery tester hook up. Yet the GM terminals were high resistance or burnt clean open.

Battery with no reserve left: tests fine for a moment but voltage and current drop like a rock after like 10 seconds of high drain.

Bad connection/wire getting hot: slows down cranking as it gets hotter.

You loose 1 of 4 brushes in the starter and cranking speed goes way down. I have a pic in the carnage thread of a starter arching in the brush area badly. Again high resistance in the starter from a worn brush can give you fast then slow spin results esp. if a brush is sticking.

Drop the fan belt. Did something lock up like vac pump, idler, etc?

You can always spin the engine over by hand and see if there is something binding.

how did this turn out?
I never got back to it. It has been sitting.

Last year was very bad for me. I was on a 15 lb weight limit for about 6 months, had a lot of physical therapy to do. I am pretty confidant it is a starter and or cable issue.

I just got new batteries for the truck, at the last day of their free 3 year replacement warranty, a few weeks ago.

Supposed to have foot surgery next week. Have an appointment for another unrelated issue tomorrow.

Haven't been able to find anybody to hire to do anything.

It's been a frustrating year.

@jrsavoie hope surgery goes well. And your health gets better.. know the feeling of being on the injured list and not being able to do much..it sucks..but it gets better..we will be sure to keep you in prayer for a good recovery..

I threw my back out bad August of 2019, finally back to "normal". Best thing I did was walk in some good shoes. helps build up muscles to stabilize things. Good diet and healthy living helped a ton too.

went from barely able to walk to the mailbox to carrying tractor weights again. Still not perfect, always battling a little twinge or ache here or there, but happy to be where im at now. Now I know why guys 30+ are surly... lol

Hope you get to feeling better! Keep moving!

Yep. Thanks.
After the blood clot ordeal, I was just getting back to things and I tweaked my back a good one, lifting a mower deck. I still haven't completely bounced back from. That.

I did Physical therapy for the feet, back, left hip and complete tear on the left shoulder. Until the insurance for PT ran out. The shoulder and left foot were supposed to be fixed a decade or more ago, but were cancelled due to weird allergic reactions I've had.

The foot surgery I just was recently scheduled for was cancelled for the same reason. I thought it would be a go this time because I have had a couple other procedures recently without any issues.

I have been pretty good about getting my Fitbit steps in daily as the Drs. Advised.

I had the blood work done for the scheduled foot surgery and it came back abby normal. And had a couple abnormal skin biopsies. So now I have a whole bunch more appointments to go to.

I had blood work done in October which apparently was fine then.

Back