• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

02 K2500 LB7 Single Cab

tanman_2006

Just a farm kid...
Reaction score
Well I just made it home w/ the beast. Let's just say I've got my work cut out for me...

First off it definitely has fuel system issues. Bellows Grey smoke at idle. Pours fuel on the ground running or not. Definite injector knocks and misses. If you look past all of that it sounds OK.

Mechanically needs someone's mods straightened out. Some form of air intake, actually has the engine heat isolation box, that has a air filter that is less than 1/2 the size of my wife's 6.0 filter. Gauge pod w/ gauges that don't match and aren't hooked up. 5" straight exhaust w/ tail pipe messed up from blow out. Probably was chipped and drove hard at one point.

Cosmetically, pyo's have bad curb rash. GMT 400 cab lights evenly spaced (wtf?!), chicken lights at the top rear of cab (are you kidding me?!), 3rd tail light looks jb welded in (I mean come on!). Turn signal lights full of water, faded head lights, hood dented, driver fender body line doesn't match up, door hinges worn, driver seat bottom torn and missing padding.

Suspension SHOT! Both rear upper control arm bushings have a lot of slop. Upper and lower ball joints worn. Wheel bearing out.

Push button 4x4 works, ac works, all seat functions work, gauges seem to work, no cel, radio works, new 285 mud tires, body has small dents but overall straight.

Pics 2mro....

source unknown

Back