• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

01 Allison, Suncoast stage IV w/1056 convertor

Sparky8370

Do chickens have large talons
Reaction score
I have approximately 40,000 on the build. Truck is a daily driver. I had removed the transmission myself and brought it down to CT June of last year. The builder installed a stage IV kit from Suncoast. For a while I've been trying to figure out what this strange noise was coming from my truck. It almost sounds like a squirt gun squirting into a bucket. I thought it was my tensioner getting worse. I finally changed that out and noticed the noise was still there. It's coming from the front of the transmission somewhere. I checked the fluid after it had been running in park for about 5 minutes. It was between the cold and hot full levels, but had lots of air bubbles. This noise generally goes away, or at least gets significantly quieter, after it's been warmed up and driven. Anyone got any ideas?

You need to verify the fluid level first. Idling in park ain't gonna do it. It needs to be at operating temperature and cycled through R and D. If it is overfilled it will aerate the fluid( I was told it would foam). It is best to run it on the lower half of the hot marks. I know that if mine is overfilled it will run hotter and shift weird. Place to start anyways. I am no tranny guru by far, just going by what I experienced.

Interesting thread. I hope some tranny heads speak up as i am interested to learn about my Allison as I am getting ready to build it in the future.

The TCC solenoid is known for making a buzzing sound. You will hear it every time the converter clutch comes on.

Back