• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

The Truck Stop

Twisted Steel Performance
Nice write up, haven't seen that site before so I'll bookmark it..
Reactions: Jaryd
Hink
Hink
Thanks. I really hope I can get more articles done this year.
Maybe we can do one on your coating over a Mishimoto or Griffin radiator with before and after numbers? : )>
Sure, if you can find access to a double head torch I could send you 2 Thermal barrier test samples and you could run a heat barrier test as a independent source and show the result's. It's the product I use in the runners to stop heat soak.
Hink
Hink
Great! It probably won't happen soon, but when I can do it we should get together and set up a clear test.
Hink
Hink
Welp, It looks like I'll be doing that radiator change article a lot sooner than I wanted to.
Are you still interested?
Yes, what do you have in mind? I have no way of collecting before & after numbers with a radiator?
Hink
Hink
I'm working with John Faddis at Quadstar Tuning right now to get a Champion radiator for the project.
I am going to install a temp sensor in the back plate of the passenger head with my stock radiator and run the truck on a certain route that includes 55 mph roads, freeway, and hills to get a baseline temp range. I will also get surface temps at certain areas that you recommend with an IR gun.
Back