• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

The Truck Stop

D
DieselAmateur
No problem Alex. Are you able to measure the diameter of the shaft for your alternator? It is a tapered fit but if you can get me an approximate measurement I can compare it to the pulley I have to confirm fitment
alex1234
alex1234
Luckily I measured the pulley today to give you the measurements
shaft tread of the alternator that remains outside the nut is very little, it is practically at the level of the nut.
to be sure of the diameter of the shaft I would have to remove the pulley
but it should be a 17mm like the other previous models

Attachments

• 20230112_102630.jpg
    20230112_102630.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 1
  • 20230112_102924.jpg
    20230112_102924.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 1
alex1234
alex1234
to remove the pulley i would have to remove the alternator and i don't have suitable tools to remove the pulley, i wouldn't know how to stop the shaft without ruining the alternator, i have not an open tool for nut and stop the hallen centered on shaft.
and i should also measure the shim behind the pulley
alex1234
alex1234
but what shocked me is the pulley ODs
I assumed it was the small pulley for the gassers, it's actually even smaller, a billet 50mm OD - 42mm OD on the groove:eek:
alex1234
alex1234
so I went to fish out my old alternators from the cartons piled up in the warehouse, among other spare parts,... the old one had been changed by the dealer in emergency, for a broken rectifier, and has a OD 56mm at groove (gasser pulley). maybe they installed what they had stock, without swapping the pulley from old to new.
alex1234
alex1234
alternator that looks new, had a very short life, started giving problems when it was hot, and was replaced by the AD-244 that I have now .... given the problems with the CS-130 models, I preferred to change for the better and focus on a more reliable model this also has an OD 56mm at groove pulley (gasser pulley)
D
DieselAmateur
It looks like the pulley I purchased also has a 17mm shaft diameter, so it should fit. I will get a shipping quote tomorrow :)
Back