• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Leaving

AlbertaRedneck

Recruit
Reaction score
If you are wondering where I have gone, relax. My family is heading out on a two-week expedition tomorrow.:thumbsup: We are driving to central Texas for my brothers Grad, and then returning, stopping at the Grand Canyon and Yellowstone on the way back. Total distance is around 6500 mi :eek6:

that sounds like a cool road trip...6500 miles sheww....just came back from the Grand Canyon for the second time...words..let alone pictures can't describe it...been to Yellowstone many years ago......that is also beautiful...I'd love to go back....Have fun and be safe:seeya:

Taking diesel or gas vehicle? Just saw yesterday at the beach $4.70/gal... today was the first day the bus was on the road in six weeks after the loose lug nut incident.

Have a good trip, drive safe. Yellowstone is beautiful, "Old Faithful" however is a let down. Leo

Have a good trip, drive safe. Yellowstone is beautiful, "Old Faithful" however is a let down. Leo

I seem to disagree with both of your statements. :hand:

Old Faithful is worth seeing, but except for one or two of the stinky natural hot-tubs, the rest of the park isn't. All the burned/stripped areas are really an eyesore.

The Big Horns are way more beautiful, IMO.

Just my opinion, Leo. Don't wanna argue witchya.:cheers2:

Have a good trip Alberta!

I seem to disagree with both of your statements. :hand:

Old Faithful is worth seeing, but except for one or two of the stinky natural hot-tubs, the rest of the park isn't. All the burned/stripped areas are really an eyesore.

The Big Horns are way more beautiful, IMO.

Just my opinion, Leo. Don't wanna argue witchya.:cheers2:

Have a good trip Alberta!

The Bighorns were my favorite but they ARE a part of Yellowstone...was a little burnt when I was there years ago

Made it home last night. It was a fantastic trip other than the snow in Yellowstone. Took our family's 3500 Savana with the 5.7L. the cheapest gas was 3.49 a Gal in Wyoming, the most, 4.91 a US Gal at the last fill up here in Red Deer :frown2:.
I will try and get some pictures up later...

Pics

Here are some pics of the holiday.My brother and I went on a Heli ride over the Canyon...that is incredible.
There is a pic of him in Yellowstone in the snow.
Canyon:
IMG_3475.jpg

Sunset:
IMG_3659.jpg

IMG_3679.jpg

IMG_3697.jpg

Heli Ride:
IMG_3755.jpg

IMG_3770.jpg

IMG_3812.jpg

Yellowstone Snow:
IMG_3901.jpg