• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

85 isuzu trooper 4 cyl diesel 5 speed - $800 (greenwood)

That's true Tanner. They lacked the real power of todays engines, but were decent for a mini-pickup back then. And they had decent fuel mileage. Good low end torque.
Built to last if taken care of.

Yup, typically mid 30's is easily doable.

For a small late 70's design they were very robust and advanced. Heavy mains, piston cooling squirters, and H beam connecting rods made it a very nice running little engine.

There is a site where a few have turbo'd theirs with decent results.

The way everyone talks about this motor and these vehicles, I wonder how bad the motor could be. And if it fits need a complete rebuild, how difficult could that be?

For some reason I thought I remembered p'up engine parts not being that easy to come by.
U R not alone there however they are more common than most think and the BAY is the place to fins them and they are in high demand, even newer small Isuzu diesels are available to retro fit any small vehicle and get 40/50+ mpgs easy.

Back