• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

6.5L WTB-DSG gear set

turbovanman

I has boost, :O)
Reaction score
Got a little deep moneywise into my build so just looking to see if anyone knows or has one lying around they don't need. TIA.

mechanical or electronic version?

I bought a new one off a guy, supposed to be mechanical spec, and in handling it has a small nick on one gear.

What do you think it would take to deal with that issue?

Figured I would check in, I Havent forgot ya, just super busy. :) I am gone till at least Saturday night, I will try to find some time to locate it and take pics when I get back.

Hey, I got pics on the camera and will upload to photobucket if they ever finish with site maintenance. Damn the luck, I could have had them uploaded, but I wait till now and the site is down for maintenance. sorry about that. :(

The last pic is of the tiny nicks from handling. IIRC it is on the main drive gear that is on the crank. It doesnt appear to affect anything, but I thought it was definitely worth mentioning, so there wasnt any surprises.

Since this thing is brand new, never been used, I was hoping for a good portion of new.

http://www.dieselservices.com/html/privacy-policy/test/gear_drive_6265l_p122.cfm

According the the site, set on US dollars, It costs 523.93, so I was hoping for 450 and I would cover shipping. Let me know if I am high or low. :)

Basically the money would be nice, but I know that I will regret selling it when it comes time for my build. :)

http://www.kennedydiesel.com/categoryresults2.cfm?Category=1&SubCategory=193

The mechanical one is discontinued. OMG, rare NLA NOS part markup time!! 550 dolla!!! :)

Still, 475 (Not 400, your memory is optimistic on pricing, or they have been marked up recently, or both! lol :) ) is not a bad price, and is actually cheaper than the source (I assume the Kennedy set is still the DSG set?) , which I find surprising. Thanks for mentioning that Kennedy is cheaper.

So, with the cheaper kennedy price, but the NLA status of the mech. set, IDK what to ask. Whatcha offering?

Lol, they were $400, the electronic is $475, I called Jan or Feb and he had plenty, I guess me asking around has people buying them, :mad::( Let me sleep on it, I"ll get back to you tomorrow, :cool:

sctrailrider, do I sense some sarcasm? :) Or do you think it will work fine?

I am just concerned that I will be getting rid of something that is not replaceable.

sctrailrider, do I sense some sarcasm? :) Or do you think it will work fine?

I am just concerned that I will be getting rid of something that is not replaceable.
Electronic should work fine on a mechanical engine, the only difference is on the reluctor ring on the crank. (correct terminology)?

Back