• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

HX40II Turbo Install

Reaction score
Im gonna throw a few pics out here to show what I have had to do to make this happen, The first is the downpipe, I wanted to make this a clean install and this is the most difficult part, it not only has to go from 2 1/2 inch to 3 inch it is also off center, I have about 2 hours into the downpipe, This shot shows the offset pretty good
003-7.jpg

Heres a different angle
001-6.jpg

I learned along time ago to build Jigs to duplicate parts in the future

002-5.jpg

Well done, Bruce; I wasn't aware that there was an offset required in the DP to make this a true bolt-on.

Great idea BTW, to build that jig!

i installed the same turbo on my 93 k3500 ran it for 6 months with no problems untill my engines head cracked. now running the turbo on my 12 valve very much worth the money to me out performed the gm-3 very well.

i installed the same turbo on my 93 k3500 ran it for 6 months with no problems untill my engines head cracked. now running the turbo on my 12 valve very much worth the money to me out performed the gm-3 very well.

Thats good to hear, How did you do the downpipe on the 95?

i accually made a new flange out of stainless for the turbo and built a entire new down pipe off of it solid down to a flange as soon as the pipe leveled out, my truck has a body lift so when i installed the turbo i ran 4'' directly into the flange reduced to 3''

i accually made a new flange out of stainless for the turbo and built a entire new down pipe off of it solid down to a flange as soon as the pipe leveled out, my truck has a body lift so when i installed the turbo i ran 4'' directly into the flange reduced to 3''

Thats how I thought about doing it, But i wanted to make it more of a bolt on thing as Im doing a Head to Head with a ATT and its alot more of a bolt on Deal

That would be neat to see another bolt on turbo kit for the 6.5. Would u just sell the fittings And down pipe as a kit? Or would you include the turbo as well?

The DP elbow seems to be the limiting factor for many turbo swaps.

Many don't have the equipment/skill to fabricate one. I, for one, would be interested in this one day.

Back