• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

air intakes, filters, options for breathing better....

cai= cold air intake. The AFE draw warm air from the engine.

I would go K-47 or build one.

can the K-47 boxes still be ordered? its a suprise that no after market company is doing a knock-off of the k-47 yet... there is a lot of demand for them lately..... does amsoil make a p-flow style slip-on and-clamp cone filter? the nano filters are pretty sweet, but seems like a guy needs to have the K-47 box.... has anyone used it with out the box?

oh yeah i get it.... long day today, the gears is slippin a bit...

NVW, how do you like your K&N?

I wouldn't get another, it's not bad but it apparently doesn't filter as well from some reports I've read. I will go with a nano filter next. I just need to get my K-47 mounted.

Well, I think if you are going to leave the filter where it is, then the K47 box is the best option. If you want to get better, and you relocate the battery, then I think boxing one in behind the lights would be best. Thats why nothing else made my list!

I have a K=47 and sucked the restrictive indicator down to the red after a prolonged tow at full throttle up a 6 percent grade for a mile and a half. The ATT was registering a whopping 23 psi boost for a sustained minute. I also should say that my filter is the large standard factory filter and it is clean. HUMMMMMM

I have a K=47 and sucked the restrictive indicator down to the red after a prolonged tow at full throttle up a 6 percent grade for a mile and a half. The ATT was registering a whopping 23 psi boost for a sustained minute. I also should say that my filter is the large standard factory filter and it is clean. HUMMMMMM

How were your EGT's?

I have the AFE set up and didn't care for the open sides on the front and rear. I fabbed up some pieces to close it all up (the top seals against the hood liner) so now it draws from the fender only. Have to believe it is doing as well as it can and would invest in the dry filter and cover to be sure it is breathing correctly but I'm waiting out another option, either a different aftermarket set up or finding a K-47 out of a yard.

I am thinking that is a good predicament to be in. I am not sure there is much way to not create vacuum when boosting that much.

I am thinking that is a good predicament to be in. I am not sure there is much way to not create vacuum when boosting that much.

YEAH I know but that means I may be missing out on a little air that the cylinders might need, I am kind of a freak when it comes to little things like that, the motor was at 3200 rpm and pulling strong to 3500, fourth gear, had a mere 5500 lbs behind it. Talk about a loud exhaust, but it ran real smooth after that run.

YEAH I know but that means I may be missing out on a little air that the cylinders might need, I am kind of a freak when it comes to little things like that, the motor was at 3200 rpm and pulling strong to 3500, fourth gear, had a mere 5500 lbs behind it. Talk about a loud exhaust, but it ran real smooth after that run.

could the bottom of the box be modified with a solenoid actuated door that could open into the wheel well with a switch or relay inside the cab? maybe some sort of boost pressure switch like water meth? would be for only when the big air demand was there.... rest of the time closed to keep out road crud....

Amsoil makes "universal" air filters with the clamps. http://www.amsoil.com/storefront/eaau.aspx

That's the route I'll be going when i finally stuff the banks kit on the blazer.

are you going with the 9" 3 inlet dave? who do you deal with for your amsoil needs? i am waiting for wrecker "the oil geek" to chime in.... does he sell those universal filter too? hey dave, when are you installing your banks kit? which turbo do you have with the kit? is it a rotomaster or a mitsu?

I purchased a generic Nanofiber filter from wrecker. I got the 4" ID on it, will come down to 3" into the turbo. I got the kind with a cone in the top of it too.

The Banks kit will be going on in the following month or two. I was waiting until i no longer needed 4x4 so i have time to tear into the truck and do everything properly. I'm not sure which turbo it is, but i'll check it out for you guys. I was going to install everything and then mock up the air intake. Not exactly sure how i want to build it yet since i'll have to see what space i have with the banks air filter box removed.

The 9" 3 inlet filter sounds like a good choice. Hopefully i'll have the space to put it in.

I used to get all my Amsoil filters/oil from one of the staff on DP at his cost, but he no longer sells the stuff. He wasn't selling enough to make it worthwhile. I've been searching for a new Amsoil "guy" for a while now.

Back