• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Reese Dual Cam Strait Line Hitch

RI Chevy Silveradoman

At your service
Staff member
Lead Moderator
Reaction score
Hello:
Anyone out there use the Reese Dual Cam Strait Line Hitch? I have had a few different hitches in the past, but I swear by this Reese Hitch! Simple hook up, it pulls straight with no sway, and you don't even know your pulling a travel trailer unless you look behind you. This hitch can turn a fair to mediocre driver into a great tower. This hitch instill confidence in you as an operator. I pull with a Chevy Duramax 2006 LLY CCSB, and pull a 34 ft. Keystone Cougar TT.

Hello:
Anyone out there use the Reese Dual Cam Strait Line Hitch? I have had a few different hitches in the past, but I swear by this Reese Hitch! Simple hook up, it pulls straight with no sway, and you don't even know your pulling a travel trailer unless you look behind you. This hitch can turn a fair to mediocre driver into a great tower. This hitch instill confidence in you as an operator. I pull with a Chevy Duramax 2006 LLY CCSB, and pull a 34 ft. Keystone Cougar TT.

Is this a frame hitch ?

Link please...

cause I'm angry with my Putnam XDR for rusting so bad and the fact that not even a stock spare will fit under the truck with my Mag Hytec diff cover...

Reese Dual Cam

Is this a frame hitch ?

Link please...

cause I'm angry with my Putnam XDR for rusting so bad and the fact that not even a stock spare will fit under the truck with my Mag Hytec diff cover...

http://www.reese-hitches.com/produc...istribution_Hitch_Kitwith_Trunnion_Bars,40487

No, the Reese Dual Cam Straight Line Hitch is the part that actually goes on the nose of the trailer that you're pulling. I also have a Putnam XDR Receiver, but it has not rusted yet. I also have the same problem as you with the spare tire not fitting underneath in the stock location. I use a PML rear diff cover, and cannot get the tire to fit either. I do not understand how come the spare tire does not fit, and I doubt it will fit even with the stock rear diff cover.

http://www.reese-hitches.com/produc...istribution_Hitch_Kitwith_Trunnion_Bars,40487

No, the Reese Dual Cam Straight Line Hitch is the part that actually goes on the nose of the trailer that you're pulling. I also have a Putnam XDR Receiver, but it has not rusted yet. I also have the same problem as you with the spare tire not fitting underneath in the stock location. I use a PML rear diff cover, and cannot get the tire to fit either. I do not understand how come the spare tire does not fit, and I doubt it will fit even with the stock rear diff cover.

don't that suck?

I just need the cams, I've got everything else for that kit. Pulling a 35 foot keystone with sway control can be a white knuckle ride sometimes:yikes:

For 5er hitches I recommend the Pull-rite superglide for anyone with a shortbed and a Reese Signature series for anyone with a long bed.

A few friends have em and love em. I actually do not have a sway issue and my TT is a lil over 37" and heavy. Sometimes I even forget to attach the friction bar and still pulls great even with a cross wind. The spare issue sucks but the XDR and bilsteins made a big diff in the bouncing/oscillating I was getting. It tows great up to 70, even on our crappy roads.

For 5er hitches I recommend the Pull-rite superglide for anyone with a shortbed and a Reese Signature series for anyone with a long bed.

Pull-rite superglide is great. I don't miss getting out to move the slider. Only issue is you need to secure the hitch in the forward position when you're not towing as the hitch will slide with accel/decel - at least with my right foot.:D

Hello:
I use one similar to yours...it is a Reese dual sway control, however it is the friction type. I love it keeps the trailer nice and straight.:hurray:
Is this a frame hitch ?

Link please...

Pepp...I also have the putnam XDR..no rust(yet) and my tire fits with no problem...of course I have a long bed....you know what they say, bigger is better.:yikes:;)

A few friends have em and love em. I actually do not have a sway issue and my TT is a lil over 37" and heavy. Sometimes I even forget to attach the friction bar and still pulls great even with a cross wind. The spare issue sucks but the XDR and bilsteins made a big diff in the bouncing/oscillating I was getting. It tows great up to 70, even on our crappy roads.

GMYCA: Can you fit the stock spare tire? Is your truck totally stock? I have a PML diff cover and cannot fit the stock tire. With regards to your trailer, usually the longer the wheel base the easier it is to tow without swaying. The smaller trailers sway like a bucking bronco! And they are more difficult to back up!

I am going to go with this for the long bed set-up have heard many good things about it,and actually from you previously blksmok:thumbsup:

Not to rain on anyones parade, but with SRW trucks if you air up the rear tires to the max rating, your tires won't squirm as much. Reducing the sway, but not getting rid of it entirely. Duals are nice. Air is cheaper than a new hitch. Also leveling the load so that the trailer axles are evenly weighted reduces sway. I have towed many different trailers with my SRW and never had to use a sway bar or weight distributing hitch. I guess it is a different pucker factor for everyone.

On edit: There is one trailer I did not tow with the SRW, the 40' TT. I don't like to tow them with the 4500.

Last edited:
I have the dual cam system and love it. 35' outback sydney. 9600#. Nice and level, no sway. I can run 70 on the interstate with no problems.
BTW, I have a 1200# weight dist. setup for sale with friction sway if anyone is interested. I used it on a 23' TT and worked great.

I bought one for my new trailer after I got home from Florida in January, I havent had enough money for fuel to pull the damn thing anywhere since then. I should have bought it BEFORE that trip but I was trying to cheap out.

Scott

Back