• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Aces went dodge?!!?!??!?!?

Matt Bachand

Depends on the 6.5
Reaction score
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At least keep the 6.5 for when the dodge breaks down and you can't afford to fix it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2:

What about AE????:mad2::mad2::mad2:

J/k Bro... You must be really happy! Tell us more.

WHY were we not consulted before this, an intervention could have been scheduled, a kidnapping, anything. I demand a full congressional investigation:D.

Of course I say this as my truck sits by the barn, having towed it back from houston after the motor just shut down on the fourth.:icon_bs::mad2:

Hey Doc - the next time you're in a bind, call me! I live just up the road, near Tyler. I've got access to a trailer and a couple of come-alongs. Also some hand tools. A chainsaw. Cold beer.

Dave
Overton, TX

Hey Doc - the next time you're in a bind, call me! I live just up the road, near Tyler. I've got access to a trailer and a couple of come-alongs. Also some hand tools. A chainsaw. Cold beer.

Dave
Overton, TX

Now i can think of alot of things to bring when someone's truck craps out. But a chainsaw??

hey you know they make chain saw winches, they work great ive seen people pull trucks up on trailers more than once, not sure how it is everywhere else maybe its different in idaho cause everyone has at least one chainsaw around here lol

hey you know they make chain saw winches, they work great ive seen people pull trucks up on trailers more than once, not sure how it is everywhere else maybe its different in idaho cause everyone has at least one chainsaw around here lol

That would be something to see! :D

One of the best "other" uses of a chainsaw.......

There was a logging crew couple lots north of us few years ago. (amish of course) The driver also worked with them. Well at the end of the day the went to go home a nd the van wouldn't start. Dead battery So some had the idea...... lets take the bar and chain off the saw, then take the belt off the crank and run it around the saw clutch to the alt to charge the battery. Dad and I stopped by just as they were hooking the belt back on the crank and alt. It worked but the driver needed a new alt belt. You never know when you'll need a chainsaw. ; )

About 2 years ago, I was tired of my truck, and started looking for
a Dodge 2500 to replace it with - while looking on E-Bay, found a
smoking deal on a 1998 3500 Cummins dually XC, 5 speed, great looking truck,
and ended up buying it. A week after I got the Dodge, I had to change the
evaporator core (not too bad on Dodge) but I had a leak on the GMC also.
I put my GMC up for sale, but down here they just don't sell very well.
After about 3 weeks of driving the Dually 5 Speed, I realized I liked the GMC
better - nothing wrong or bad about the Dodge, just WAY more truck than I
needed, harder to fit in parking spaces, drive thrus, hard to eat and drive
with 5-speed...... swapped for sale signs, and the Dodge sold after a couple
of days, for the same thing I paid. Changed the evaporator core on the GMC
(a nightmare compared to the Dodge) and been fairly happy since.
Had I stuck to my original plan, and gotten a SRW 2500 Dodge Cummins,
I probably wouldn't be here now, the Dually was a great truck, just not
right for me

WHY were we not consulted before this, an intervention could have been scheduled, a kidnapping, anything. I demand a full congressional investigation:D.

Of course I say this as my truck sits by the barn, having towed it back from houston after the motor just shut down on the fourth.:icon_bs::mad2:

You were. IN great detail..
http://www.dieseltowingresource.com/showthread.php?t=12143

http://www.dieseltowingresource.com/showthread.php?t=11760&page=12

Well, I just got home from a 400 Mile trip. The transmission is acting up in the Dodge won't shift into 1st randomly, so ya'll can gloat. I'm actually glad since I bought it knowing it would need one sooner or later cause Dodge trannys stock suck and it still has a 60 day. It goes back in Wed , although I'm sure they will try to doctor it or etc. I'm taking it to 2 different tranny shops tommorow and getting 2 written estimates on what's wrong with it in case the dealer tries to play fck stick. I gotta unload the camper but i will do a detailed un biased comparison later. Don't fear just yet. Tahoe's been on ebay since Wed and no bites so I may own it a bit longer. Have abite on the pickup. Kinda weird. Thought it would be the other way around.
Bottom line like I said before I didn't buy it cause I had something against 6.5s. On the contrary when I do my write up later I think you guys will be impressed at the comparison. It just boiled down to I wanted something newer with much lower mileage and in a 6.5 world that wasn't to likely. Like Tookie said, for the time being the Dodge seems to meet my needs more but I'll do a detialed later. Been away for 4 days and jonesin' for some typin.
JD,
Got the 3 yr old running around sayin "Dodge Makes it, Cummins Shakes it.."
:D
BTW Notice alot of Northern Boys at the campground in Lake George. I guess it's close to some of you guys.

About 2 years ago, I was tired of my truck, and started looking for
a Dodge 2500 to replace it with - while looking on E-Bay, found a
smoking deal on a 1998 3500 Cummins dually XC, 5 speed, great looking truck,
and ended up buying it. A week after I got the Dodge, I had to change the
evaporator core (not too bad on Dodge) but I had a leak on the GMC also.
I put my GMC up for sale, but down here they just don't sell very well.
After about 3 weeks of driving the Dually 5 Speed, I realized I liked the GMC
better - nothing wrong or bad about the Dodge, just WAY more truck than I
needed, harder to fit in parking spaces, drive thrus, hard to eat and drive
with 5-speed...... swapped for sale signs, and the Dodge sold after a couple
of days, for the same thing I paid. Changed the evaporator core on the GMC
(a nightmare compared to the Dodge) and been fairly happy since.
Had I stuck to my original plan, and gotten a SRW 2500 Dodge Cummins,
I probably wouldn't be here now, the Dually was a great truck, just not
right for me
You sold the right truck. Did alot of homework and 98 was a primo year for the "53" block. You could have ended up with a cracked engine block, so no regrets.

Back