• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

lbz exhaust

Cheyenne19

Special agent C19 A(ACLU)
Reaction score
What's the best exhaust to use and maintain a stock sound in the cab. I've run a straight pipe for a while, but I'm not sure I want all that noise on another truck.

I have had good luck with Magnaflow exhaust not being to loud in the cab. I run it and it's not loud in the cab at all.

I have 5" mbrp no cat/muffler and its not that loud under normal use, if you get on it, it'll wake up the dead :cornut:

i may get a 6" tip, but i have to lift the truck first. its already hit the curb once:frown2:. 5" is pretty big.

I have run a 4" Mbrp downpipe back w/muffler for about a year and a half now. It is fairly quiet until you get into it and even then it's not bad.

I have 5" mbrp no cat/muffler and its not that loud under normal use, if you get on it, it'll wake up the dead :cornut:

i may get a 6" tip, but i have to lift the truck first. its already hit the curb once:frown2:. 5" is pretty big.

x2 :yesnod:

I like my cat back. My 04 LLY was a 4" turbo back with no cat and it sounded awesome. But now, I dont like the LBZ hiss at throttle so I opted to leave the cat on.

Well, winter up here has destroyed my system. Its all caked in rust.

I'll end up with a completely different system once I move and get settled. I kinda like the Silverline style tips and I think I'm gonna go with duals this time. I'd like to keep my MBRP muffler because there wont be anything wrong with it.

Get a sound clip of that with the downpipe. I'd like to hear it.

I have a place I go to, but even before I took the Cat off, I asked if it would be a problem, and they said since I DON'T have Commercial Plates, it's just a safety inspection for a Diesel.

But I think Long Island and "Upstate" has different "rules" for inspection, because my sister works in the Capital, so she had to move up there, but her inspection was from down here on the Island, and when it came time for her to get it inspected, the place that did her truck up there said the Inspection wouldn't be valid here on the Island, and she "could" get a ticket. But I don't see how that is possible.

Last edited:
I think thats retarded.

So, I'll end up taking the cat off here eventually...

I was leaning towards a Corsa system until I stumbled on a Banks Monster for a pretty good deal. 1 year later and the system is still perfect.

I have the same set up on mine; 5" MBRP no cat w/ muffler. There is virtually no drone in the cab. From the inside, sounds a little throatier then the stock set up does, but like BigDog said, from the outside, a real nice tone from the outside, and if you need to romp on it, people will hear you. I'm very happy with what I decided to get compared to the cat back set up.

I was leaning towards a Corsa system until I stumbled on a Banks Monster for a pretty good deal. 1 year later and the system is still perfect.

jrkrace, how is the drone in cab with the Banks system? I was looking at the Banks but a friend of mine that had it on his Cummins wasn't happy with it. A lot of drone. Plus I really wanted a 5" system, and Banks only does a 4". But another guy with a Cummins I know said the MBRP gave him a lot of drone as well, so I guess it just might be different from set up to set up.

Back