• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Sulastic Shackles > Info & User Feedback

How does the 2 inch drop work - just sorter distance from mount to spring eye than the stock shackle?

Looking at the pictures, it would seem that they lower the rear end significantly. Between the old and new bolt position there is at least 4" difference, wouldn't that drop the rear by that much? Anybody have any side view pictures of what the truck looks like after installation?
Also, what about load rating? They do look heavy duty, but no ratings on the site. When loadng the truck, do they stop doing their springy thingy and start giving the loading back to the springs? Or are they always active?
So many questions.....so little time.....

Last edited:
Looking at the pictures, it would seem that they lower the rear end significantly. Between the old and new bolt position there is at least 4" difference, wouldn't that drop the rear by that much?

No, they don't drop the rear that much, it actually raised mine about a half inch. The angle of the pic is an optical dillusion. I'll take a pic with the factory shackle next to the mounted shackle in a bit.

Anybody have any side view pictures of what the truck looks like after installation?

I do but it also has a 1" block in the rear and a 4-6" Cognito in the front set at 5". Don't know if that will help much but I can post it anyway.

Also, what about load rating? They do look heavy duty, but no ratings on the site. When loadng the truck, do they stop doing their springy thingy and start giving the loading back to the springs? Or are they always active?

They have a Limiting tab casted into the housing that once loaded to the max it will not overstretch the elastic spring and let the leaf springs take over. It pretty much acts progressivly with the leaf springs until the tab is contacted.

So many questions.....so little time.....

Thats what everybody is here for bro, Ask away.

:ihih: Special pricing ehh??
Let us know Nick.

Now as far as I understand, these shackles act as the spring while driving around unloaded and when enough load is applied they rest on the casted-in stop and that's when the leafs take over? Could I still tow a 4k lb boat safely without bags if I installed these?

anything more... say up to 4-5" .... i'd be interested if so. or any other option that will get me tha low. thx

No, just 2". Sorry

How does the 2 inch drop work - just sorter distance from mount to spring eye than the stock shackle?

The 2" comes from a extended bracket/Longer. I have them on a local truck and so far all is working great.

:ihih: Special pricing ehh??
Let us know Nick.

Now as far as I understand, these shackles act as the spring while driving around unloaded and when enough load is applied they rest on the casted-in stop and that's when the leafs take over? Could I still tow a 4k lb boat safely without bags if I installed these?

The stopper is there so it doesn't over rotate but as long as you get the right load rated shackle for your truck you should never really use the casted stop. Think of it as like your suspension bump stop on the rear of your truck, in case you need it. But most of the time you never even touch it.

I will work up a DTR member price .. The more people I see that want them the better..I will keep you posted.

I'm interested. My father might also want some for his 3500 SRW depending on how well they work on my truck. Bad news is I have to get my buick running before I spent any more on the truck.

muy interesante.....jajajaaajaa

looks like a decent product Nick!!

i might be interested

count me in if the price is right. Also what load ratings will be available?

I'm wanting a set too but have been waiting to see what was in the June specials.

I'm wondering how they will work with drop shackles?

I'm pretty sure Nick said that they can be used with the drop shackles buy using a drop kit(?). IIRC, they extended the free shipping until the end of June. At least that's what the "other" site said....

Back