• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Chevy center caps on H2s

BudTX

Edjumacated Redneck
Reaction score
I got my H2s and 265/70/17 Yokohama Geolanders on last week. I am using my PYO center caps, but they only go on about 1/2 turn because of the little spacer "legs" on the inside of the cap.

I can grind these legs off, but want to use the caps on my PYOs with winter tires.

Does anyone know if grinding the spacer legs off will affect the fit of the caps when they go back on the PYOs?

Thanks,

Bud

Yeah, I'm pretty sure they're on there for a reason. I know the PY0 caps don't fit tight on the steel wheels, wouldn't tighten down enough. I had to order the chrome set of caps for steel wheels off ebay. If I were you I'd look for a set of the NBS caps, I think they look really good on the H2s.

Bud I pulled out the black stoppers and snipped the plastic down flush that they plugged into with dikes and box cutter. Then I put the black stoppers back in. Fits perfect and will not take off rubbing the H2 wheel finish!

I just pulled the "Black stoppers" out of mine and they stay on just fine.

they don't fit the center of the wheel very well though. i have the grey centers and i tried to fit them into the center of the H2 wheel and there is a small space all the way around the cap. any idea what i'm talking about?

Bud, I didn't remove anything on my center caps and they fit just fine on my H2's.
I have seen some people with this problem and some without. Not sure why some fit and some do not.

they don't fit the center of the wheel very well though. i have the grey centers and i tried to fit them into the center of the H2 wheel and there is a small space all the way around the cap. any idea what i'm talking about?

You type faster than me!

I know what your talking about. The space where the Hummer center cap sits in the groove and covers the entire center of the wheel. It doesn't bother me and I like the look of the stock center cap on the wheels better than the hummer one.

Look at it this way, it allows more water to get in there and clean out the debris when washing:biggrin5:

My PYO center caps didn't have black stoppers that you guys mention, so I spent a few minutes with a dremel and trimmed off about a penny's thickness from each of those 4 legs. They now fit fine, and I am getting another set of unmolested PYO caps for my winter PYO/Mud Terrain tire combo.

here's mine..
frntwheel.jpg

the 88 to 98 center caps fit better.

Well done Bud. Those look good. I can't believe you're complaining about dust on a tan pickup.

Damn I want a set of two tone H2s like Hammer's. Those look soooooo good on a white truck

Back