• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

WTB: A Set of front bumper guards for a 1987 K5 Blazer

Killain

Reaction score
SE Pennsylvania, right on the delaware River
I'm looking for a useable set of the 14" vertical bumper, they were in chrome and had rubber facing. I have the new facings but am in search of the bumper guards themselves. I enclosed a picture of a white K5 with the guards on the front so you can see what I'm talking about. Thank you and happy holidays.Chevrolet_K5_Blazer_.jpg

My 1988 K5 Blazer has been at time like I was going no-where. Any of you know the feelings if you ever restored a car or a truck. (Worse for a truck simple since no one cares about missing 3rd gear when driving a truck) Trucks and Corvettes are a lot alike, It's hard as hell to find one that hasn't been run hard and put up wet. Me, I got lucky, I live in a small town, and my best friends own a 1. a body shop and 2.another a mechanical repair shop.

So since my Blazer had these bumper grille guards, I wanted to get a pair to replace on my Blazer. Now this is where it a little complicated, I called some guy who sells under the Saratoga springs auto salvage, and he has a NOS right hand one, but wanted $190.00 it and I paid. My thinking was getting a NOS I wouldn't have to deal with a re-chroming prices, which are astronomical. And I just bid on and bought a extra set on the Ebay route, but they need work and re-chrome. But I have found a company who does stock them, He says the supplier is a little back ordered, but they will have them shortly, which I find incredible.

Every place I called or contracted have all said they can't find a supplier of the raw material and the stamping. So I suppose this right up China's ally. But if these guys and their company, and I was on the phone 3 hours ago ( Their in CA) but if you stock a 100 sets, I'll find you a 100 customers. And then there is the rubber facing, No Problem, I found them too and they said they can get as many as I need.

Now I'm not saying this for everyone, but I subscribeChevrolet_K5_Blazer_.jpg SANY0180.JPG to a couple of magazines and their into heavy restorations and this would be perfect for them. If I put a ad in them for these "New" bumper guards, pretty sure they go from 1981 to 91, but I'm sure I could sell at least 100 of these bumper guards. They do such a great job of perking up the from end and you don't have to drill and holes, the bolt on to 2 existing bumper bolts. This isn't my truck ,but you can get a look at them and see if your interested.

Back