• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Wifes 98 threw code PO370

bison

Reaction score
Help me out, I' m a little rusty here.:agreed:
Wife's truck died in parking lot,..started right up again and made it home without issues but SES light is lit.
I read the codes,... PO370 is set (resolution high)

What causes that code to set???

I cut this from a google search.

"Code 0370 is error reading pulses on the disc & PCM matches reading to theoretically correct reading, so same air or trash in fuel could obscure the sensor's proper function, wiring/connectors could be trouble, or sensor could be fubar."

Thanks Leroy.
There is no air in the line, filter is fairly new, my fuel is clean(farm bulk tank). fuel press is good.
That leaves wire/connector or OS to check out.

Does yours still have the OS filter? if yes remove it and plug straight in to see if it fixes.

Simon,

is your fuel ULSD? If it is, your IP might be suffering of this "dry" fuel and lack of lubrication. Try 1/2 liter of marine 2 stroke oil (TCW3 compliant) in the tank mixed with fuel to restore lubrication properties of the fuel.
Stanadyne has designed the 5521S IP, with internals ceramic coated, to fix this problem

my .02

Simon,

is your fuel ULSD? If it is, your IP might be suffering of this "dry" fuel and lack of lubrication. Try 1/2 liter of marine 2 stroke oil (TCW3 compliant) in the tank mixed with fuel to restore lubrication properties of the fuel.
Stanadyne has designed the 5521S IP, with internals ceramic coated, to fix this problem

my .02
I haven't a clue if it is or isn't, all i know it has 5 to 10 % bio in it
I use only dyed farm fuel in all my trucks and tractors as i have done for 25+ years.
I don't use additives and never had a problem with IP's or injectors in any of them.

I did put some diesel fuel conditioner in that 98 , it may or may not have helped but the code has not come back yet.

Hopefully that got it for the long haul.

The red in the fuel is a dye, if they add a little too much in could cloud it up from a good reading. The dye could also build up on it darkening it needing something to clean it, wonder if that's what the conditioner did, or if it helped through lubrication.

I remember learning about the dye and the instructor had no clue on it's lubricity so we ran it through a test and it has almost the exact lubricating properties as 10wt conventional. So little of it is added to color the fuel it's amazing. I hate that crap, it stains anything it touches, I lost a few set of boots to it. The 1st pair I got it on ruined my carpeting in my truck & house, and the couch I sat on to take them off.

WeII it has set since some other codes off and on.once PO216 and once PO251.
Truck died once but started right up again, codes are pending codes.
I put the truck on the scanner and everything Iooks fine.

Wonder if the PMD is throwing fits??...grey stanadyne.

update

WeII, a new PMD didn't soIve the code setting so i decided to repIace the OS.
I used the OS from the IP that came from my 98, that IP had the coId start sub idIe dead pedaI issues as some of you may remember.
I put a 100 mI on the wife's truck so far with no issues, so that ruIes out that the sub idIe and the dead pedaI couId've been caused by the OS.

Back