• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Why are standoffs used on CP3 pumps?

Emmett

Reaction score
I don't understand the engineering reason why to use standoffs. Anyone know this? Can you use regular hardware?

What do you mean by a standoff? In stock form the CP3 is bolted directly into the lifter valley and is gear driven off the cam drive in front.

You know the hexagonal standoffs I'm talking about. So there's the adapter plate that bolts to the CP3, then that whole assembly bolts to the block. The three bolts that fasten the adapter to the CP3 have some hexagonal standoffs. In fact, there are a few Ebay listings for these bolts. I'm just wondering what the purpose of the standoffs are and if they are really required. I don't know if I;m allowed to post this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2001-2010-C...515de63&pid=100033&rk=7&rkt=8&sd=252755473663

Been awhile since I did mine, but I don't recall seeing any like that on mine. It's probably done so you can get to them as it is TIGHT down in the valley.

Back