• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

which tuner

jackh

Reaction score
PPE excellerator or diablosport predator? seem like theyre basically the same but the diablosport is much cheaper.

There's always the risk of voiding the warranty. But, I wouldn't worry about it. Don't beat on the truck all the time and you should be fine!

I ran a Predator for a little while and thought it was worth the money for price. I've heard nothing but good things about the PPE also.

Both can set your truck back to stock. I would advise doing that before going to the dealer for any warranty work.

i know duramaxxx has the PPE maybe he can tell me the difference between the two. i got on performace truck products site and the descriptions of both seem just about the same in the way of their abilities, yet the predator was like $150 cheaper

I've had the predator and ppe hot +2 and then sold both and got EFI. Skip ahead and just get EFI. There are a ton of tunes that are better than the "canned" ones that you can just download without learning how to write a tune. Or if you want you can custom tune it yourself.

You'll save more by not bying the ppe or predator. You'll always end up wanting more and the sky is the limit with efi.

JMO
-Kyle

depending on what you want to do with the truck. the diablo tuners are not user friendly to me. they also dont add as much power as the ppe can add. I have a PPe tuner as well as efi live. I like both of those.

I like my PPE, if you go with PPE make sure you get the one that is upgradeable, so you can upgrade to more power later down the road if you want more power. I have heard good things about Predator but you are limited at like 160hp if I am thinking right. I would say PPE, but which ever one you get, it will put a smile on your face when you load it up and take it for a drive. Oh and I would recommend boost and a pyro gage for use with either .

jackh you aready have a turbo back exhaust and intake and your gonna block the egr valve so why not just get the ppe so you dont have to worry about installing the fingerstick cause the ppe takes care of egr codes. most people go wth ppe for how well they are tuned and shift. if you are gonna be running a 90hp tune then diablo and ppe will be fine for you but again with the ppe the power is always there if you want it and the egr codes are taken care of. i run my truck on the 160hp tune most of the time and occasionaly go to the 225hp tune.

im sort of likin the idea of efi live but i dont wanna spend all that dam cash for it. i really dont wanna be pushin my trannys limits so i probably would never go over 90 hp over stock (including intake and exhaust). thats the only reason that i like the PPE that can take care of codes and still has some "canned" codes as someone called them. i dont ever plan on doing anything extreme like drags or pulls so idk if efi live is worth the money for me. im so confused... :(

im sort of likin the idea of efi live but i dont wanna spend all that dam cash for it. i really dont wanna be pushin my trannys limits so i probably would never go over 90 hp over stock (including intake and exhaust). thats the only reason that i like the PPE that can take care of codes and still has some "canned" codes as someone called them. i dont ever plan on doing anything extreme like drags or pulls so idk if efi live is worth the money for me. im so confused... :(

Efi takes quite a learning curve, and is not for everyone.

if all your lookin for is 90hp or so youd probably do well with an economy ppe or the predator. even a super chips would probably work for you.

If youve got spare time and patience, get EFI Live.

Otherwise get the PPE.

But I have heard guys doing good with an Edge/Predator stack, but thats a lot of money in tuners

EFI Live is $750 for V2, in my mind best money I ever spent on the truck, well except for the PPE boost valve, 25 bucks for 10 more psi cant beat that.

The learning curve is huge, and it truely isnt for everyone you have to be dedicated. Me and my cousin originally bought it on halves. Now I tune his truck and my truck because it was too hard for him to figure it out.

Works out nice for me cause I got EFI Live for $375 in the end. And I get some tuning time on an LLy motor as well.

Some people have a lot of fun with it, I know McRat does and now that ive pretty much figured out the important stuff, Im having some fun. Only took 10 months.

If the predator has the same options as the one that works for the lb7, I think you would be better getting it. I have the ppe, but you can't check out engine data, only codes. If I were you, I would get the predator.

BTW, the predator smokes more:eyebrows:

Back