• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

wheel spacers?

snowboardman137

Reaction score
alright on my 2500hd i want to put a set of wheels on, with a little more offset... a friend has a set of wheels that look really good but they are the same offset and everything but they are cheap... i want to widen out the stance a little bit as i have a 2" leveling kit and 285s... i found a set of the 1.5" wheel spacers or 2"... i think the 1.5s are enough... any opinions or experiences with these? ive heard they make your wheel bearings wear out faster... how much faster? any other bad side effects?

I have a set of Correctrack spacers on the back of my truck to make the rear wheels line up with the fronts. I think that they are about 1 7/8" thick. I had to grind off the tips of the lugs so that they would not hit the back of the wheels. Anything less than 2" spacers will require some modification of the lugs unless the wheels you are putting on have recesses in the back between the lug holes. I'm not too worried about faster bearing wear on the rear axle, but I would not add spacers on the front wheels for that reason. Plus my 295/75/16s would not clear on the fronts if I added any spacers there.

I have the correctracks as well...they are 2" and I didn't have to grind/modify anything...

sadly, they do not make them anymore...:(

I think from a physics standpoint.. the spacers load the bearings the same as offset wheels... the studs on the other hand.... I would go for it.

anyone have a picture with 2" wheel spacers running 285 tires? I want to space the rears to line up with the fronts and I'm trying to decide between the 1.5's and 2's.

2" correctracks w/ 285's

http://www.thetruckstop.us/forum/showthread.php?t=29&highlight=spacers

5DE_6.jpg

anyone have a picture with 2" wheel spacers running 285 tires? I want to space the rears to line up with the fronts and I'm trying to decide between the 1.5's and 2's.

There is a picture in my Photo Album showing a view down the side of my truck with 1 7/8" Correctrack spacers and 295/75/16 tires.

Back