• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What Type Of Rear Window Would You Rather Have?

What Back Glass Would You Rather Have?

• Slider

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • Solid

Votes: 20 60.6%

• Total voters

Mad Maxx

See, what had happened was...
Reaction score
My Rear Window, a Slider, rattles so bad, I just wanna bash it out sometimes. I dunno what caused it, but outta no where, it just started rattling.

My Best Friend just so happens to work for Safelite Auto Glass, so I can get a new Window for damn near Nothing.

So what would you rather have? A Slider or a Solid Back Glass?

I have a solid rear glass but ive always had beer windows in all my other trucks.i think id rather have a beer window on this truck if i could.what part rattles on yours?

I think it's the Slider Part.

The Windier it is Outside and the Faster I go, the more it Rattles. Drives me friggin crazy.

And it's an annoying Glass to Metal Sound. Kinda like a Key Jingling sound. ANNOYING.

Get a solid heated one. They're expensive, but worth it. I couldn't stand not having a heated rear window.

I have both, the 01 is a power slider, the 06 is solid heated, with the fifthwheel My wife can't stand the "noise" of the wind with it open, I can open my sunroof though and it works for me. The 08 is soild heated now, I kind of like it just cause of the snow melting, but it sure would be nice to open it in the summer.

Got a slider in my dually, its a crew cab so its no good as a "beer winder" :( Stadard cabs I love them, crew and extended Id rather have a solid one.. to hard to open/close with the big cabs

Yea, but the thing is, I actually use it for the Slider. We have alot of Parties around here, and my Friend owns a Deli, so I always get big ass Hero's from him, and they won't fit in the Bed, so I just Slide Open the Rear Window, and run it through the Cab of the Truck.

And on Hot Days, I open it up along with the other Windows.

But I don't want this Rattle to come back if I get it replaced with another Slider.

I dont know the new trucks at all, is there a "better" replacement slider?

Yea, but the thing is, I actually use it for the Slider. We have alot of Parties around here, and my Friend owns a Deli, so I always get big ass Hero's from him, and they won't fit in the Bed, so I just Slide Open the Rear Window, and run it through the Cab of the Truck.
Hahaha I can see your retarded ass doing that too!!! ):h

Get a solid. You got 4 other windows to open up. If you need to open any more its time for the A/C anyways.

i agree with a large cab solid and with a standard cab slider. but the new power slider thats on the nbs trucks is great dont have to worry about reaching back there all stretched out to get it open. the only bad thing is with the power slider its just one more thing to break. i got the power slider and now while it works i love it

I do not like slider windows, too easy to break into. All you need is a flat tip screwdriver. I also have a nice looking head ache rack on my truck. A slider would be useless on my truck!

What is a beer Window ?
Beer Tent
Beer Keg
Beer Bong
Beer Chug
Beer Funnel
Beer Bellie
Beer Boner
Beer Tax
Beer Tap
Beer Buzz
Beer Pint
Beer Mug
Beer Glass
Beer Breath
Beer :fart:
These I know, have done, had and heard.
Must be a southern thing I have never seen so many beer bottles and quart bottles in the side ditches on all the highways heading out and into town in my life maybe if they started to add a 10 cent deposit on all cans and bottles it would clean up these garbage ditches as i wright this i see what a .......
Beer Winder is for tossing the emties out stage right, or out them der sliders to swirl around in circles till they finally blow out........:nono:

Last edited:
you call yoursef from TN and don't know what a beer window is? :eek:

you can reach thru it to grab beer out of the cooler in the back...

No i only bin down here a couple yers in all....riginly resided in the far reaches of wetern'ed New York home to alot of Buffalo's and dem der Sabres, :thumbsup:

Back