• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What type of Internet connection are you currently using?

What type of Internet connection are you currently using?

• I don't have internet.

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Dial Up

• DSL

Votes: 8 25.8%
  • Cable

Votes: 14 45.2%
  • Satellite

• T1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 6 19.4%

• Total voters

CtChevy427

Still Kicking....
Staff member
Lead Moderator
Reaction score
1. I don't have internet
2. dialup
3. DSL
4. Cable
5. Satellite
6. T1

Always looking for poll ideas post them HERE or send me a PM.......

cable here. one of the few options we can get. no DSL(to far away) and I doubt a T1 line is anywhere near. we had dialup for a few years. it works just can do squat for videos.

I voted none, because I currently haven't had any internet service at my home for over a year. I either use my laptop on the free WiFi at the neighborhood cafe a block and a half away, or my girlfriends cable internet when I'm over at her house where I hooked up my old wireless router into her system so we can each use our own routers with our own laptops.

I have Satelite for the last 2 years,..can't say i'm impressed.It turned out to be as slow as dialup but 3 times the money and it's not unlimited either
Dialup is no longer avalable in my area.

I convinced my folks to use a Verizon wireless 3G card, an upgrade from dial-up which is the only internet available to the area. But because I don't want to use up their data, because I use a lot, I use my phone's hotspot.

We have broadband, I've done upload/download tests and 95% of other users of our ISP are faster. WTF?

Internet slow lane

We have broadband, I've done upload/download tests and 95% of other users of our ISP are faster. WTF?

PM me if you would like some help figuring out your speed problem. I know a thing or three about networking.

-John

Frontier keeps telling me that they have high speed service in our area. But it's not true. LOL They set up an appointment and the tech tells me I'm to far our for service.

happened 3 times now over the course of a couple years

Back