• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What to pay?

Will

Boobies make me happy
Reaction score
I didn't see a section for new truck purchases so I decided to put this here. Mods please move if in the incorrect spot. A friend of mine is thinking of trading in his 03 LB7 with 71K for an 09 LMM here in town. It is an LT 1 cloth seats, 16" rim bench seats stuff like that. MSRP on it is 46K. He is thinking that he can get them talked down about 6K. Personally I think he can do better then that or that he should go after an 08. What are your thoughts?

Mine is a LT1, same deal your buddy is looking at, cloth, bench, nothing too fancy, and mine was stickered at around $45k. After all was said and done paid about $31k for it. They are looking to move trucks (and cars) these days and he should ask for something way over the top on knocking off a bunch and see what they come back with. I was lucky I guess, it was one of the few times I really didn't have to hassle too much. Went to a smaller town dealership and they were very willing to help me and we quite nice to work with. So I would say tell him to see what they will do right off the bat and I wouldn't be surpirsed if they knocked off say 10 grand. What does he own on the '03?

Don't even bother looking at KBB or NADA. The Prices you get there for a Trade VS the Price that they give you at the Dealer will just piss you off.

When I used to work at a Dealer as a Salesman, we use a Book made by Galves. It's a Dealer only Book and is Geared in Favor of the Dealer in Terms of Pricing so bad, it's not even funny.

Well they at least give you a realistic starting point so you are aware of how bad the dealer is trying to stick it to you. I'm thinkin' about now any dealer would be willing to take an offer pretty close to reasonable...

Back